For the Film Festival, Phoenix Comicon is looking for films in the following genres: Sci-Fi, Thriller/Horror, Fan Film, Animation, Pop Culture/Documentary, Comedy, Film Noir/Mystery, Comics/Anime/Gaming. For the Film Challenge, the task is to make a film that is 15 minutes or less in one of the following genres: Steampunk, Horror, Original Animation, Original Superhero/Supervillain and Star Trek.
You have from now until March 31st, 2012 to submit your film.
The rules for the Phoenix Comicon Film Festival are as follows:
- Two (2) copies of the film(s) must be submitted in a DVD Region 1 playable format.
- All films entered should fall under at least one of the listed genres.
- All submissions must be made by the filmmaker(s). No anonymous submissions will be accepted.
- All foreign language films must have English subtitles.
- All films will be pre-screened by Phoenix Comicon staff.
- No submissions will be returned, therefore, do not send the only copy.
- We are not responsible for any submissions lost or damaged in delivery.
- Participants do not need to attend the convention or festival to be eligible.
- Notice of selections will be announced on or before May 1st by email and posted on the Phoenix Comicon website.
- The Phoenix Comicon is a family-friendly event and preference will be given to films appropriate for all-ages viewing. Submissions not suitable for all-ages will be considered for late night screenings.
For information about the Film Festival, please contact: email@example.com
For information about the Film Challenge, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the 2012 Phoenix Comicon Film Festival Entry Form, click here.